What To Wear: Valentine’s Day
I love Valentine’s Day, and I don’t mind at all that it’s a holiday created to sell greeting cards. And I don’t buy greeting cards anyway, I make my own. I think Valentine’s Day is a reminder to let everyone you love know how much they’re appreciated. Plus, whether it’s brunch, date night, or an all-girls movie marathon, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to get new girly clothes–and who doesn’t love that?
I rounded up several outfit ideas that are fitting for any Valentine’s Day situation you might find yourself in:
Lunch And Batting Cages With Your BF
I love dates that include more than just dinner and a movie, and batting cages are fun even if you aren’t usually the sporty type. This laid back outfit is perfect for an active date. A striped cardigan and floral printed tank are playful and casual. Dark denim is comfy and sleek, and pretty perforated flats are easy enough to move around in. Sparkly tassel earrings add the perfect touch of glamour to a dugout friendly outfit.
Need some more fun/cheap Valentine’s Day date ideas? Try:
* Making dinner together. Nic and I do this a lot. We go shopping together and then bring everything home, turn on some music (Radiohead if it’s his choice), and try to whip something up. Need recipe ideas? This is my favorite site for delicious comfort food that boys (and me!) love.
* Roller skating! We’ve been wanting to go forever. I just want to go because it’s a great excuse to rock some 40’s inspired clothing, and hold hands for the “couples skate” (hehe).
* Visiting a local brewery. You get to sample tons of product (if you’re old enough) so guys will love it, you get a tour, and a little lesson on how beer is made.
Valentine’s Day Party With A Date
For a holiday-themed party, always go for something bold. I love the look of a t-shirt under a strapless dress, and this love note graphic tee is perfect for a V-Day party. Airy crystal earrings add sparkle but no bulk, and a bow headband gives a girly touch. Vampy caged heels give the flirty look a bad-girl edge.
Movie Night With Your Gal Pals
What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with the people you love and can count on–your girlfriends. Whether you’re hanging out at home to watch every episode of Sex and the City (and the movie!) or going out for dinner and shopping, you want to look fun and stylish. This look is a perfect mix of trendy and casual. Shorts and navy tights are very “model off-duty”, while pink oxfords and a patterned blouse are feminine chic. A wrap cardigan and beaded bracelet finish off the look.
Still craving more Valentine’s related content? Check these out:
* Glamour‘s Valentine’s Day Dos and Don’ts for a few ideas on how to survive V-Day whether you’re single or taken.
* Kate Spade offers free Valentine’s Day e-cards. I love them all—especially the ‘stach one.
* Iron-on V-day pillowcase transfers. So cute!
* I want to see this so badly:
What Do You Think?
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Would you wear any of these outfits? Do you detest the day altogether? What are you getting your boyfriend/girlfriend? (I need ideas!) I’d love to hear from you!