Astrological Style: Taurus
(april 20th – may 20th)
* conservative, deliberate, loyal, stubborn, resourceful, materialistic, sensual
* Sign: Bull
* Colors: pastels
* Bulls enjoy luxury and prefer real to fake (real leather/fur (if they wear it), real flowers, designer clothes). They go for luxurious fabrics like silk, leather, velvet, cashmere. Those born in Taurus are willing to hunt for a bargain. They want high quality without the high price.
* Taurus women like no-frills, but still feminine, looks. They usually wear traditional looks that are not overtly sexy.
* Taurus rules the throat and neck, so lady bulls love accentuating their necks with ties, scarves, and stand-out necklaces.
* To Taurus ladies, comfort is all-important: They are very focused on how things feel. Bulls search for clothing with low-key charm.
Taurus trendsetters Jessica Alba, Jessica Stam, and Kirsten Dunst each have a unique personal style. Jessica Alba is a big fan of scarves:Here, she pairs her neckwear with tweed trousers and a cardigan for a menswear inspired look. Jessica Stam has the ultimate model off-duty style. She wears the same things often, mixing and matching them for a new look: case in point the luxe leather jacket she’s wearing above. Kirsten is all about sexy – but without showing too much skin. Her red carpet look is glamourous, without a doubt, but also unfussy. She opts out of excessive jewelry and accessories, as a true Bull would.
Get The Look
Outfit #1 would be perfect for a lunch date with long-lost friends, or a day of garage-sale shopping with your mom. It has the best of both worlds (completely intentional reference to Ms. Cyrus): A feminine, ultra-soft cashmere sweater, and then a rough-and-tumble biker-ish boot to balance things out. A plaid shirtdress adds some interest, but isn’t busy enough to be distracting. A simple but interesting pendant necklace draws attention to the neck, and tights (double layer if it’s as freezing where you are as it is here) give the look a finished touch. I would also wear this look with black denim.
Outfit #2 makes me weak at the knees. I don’t know if I could pull off a leather mini (faux), but I know any Taurus could! The key to working this look is the top: it needs to be reasonably conservative in comparison to the skirt, and I think the ruffled neck makes this blouse seem super classy. Crackled silver heels give a monochrome look some texture, and I couldn’t resist the Bull-esque simplicity of those stud earrings!
What Do You Think?
Are you a Taurus? Even if you aren’t, would you wear either of these looks? Have any tips on pulling of a leather skirt? I’d love to hear from you!