Astrological Style: Cancer
(june 22nd – july 22nd)
* intuitive, emotional, domestic, a traditionalist, nostalgic, caring
* Sign: crab
* Colors: silvers, yellow, and orange
* Cancer ladies hold on to the past. They love vintage clothes with a story, and being reluctant to accept change they often keep all of their old clothing. They may just have some vintage loot in their own closet!
* Cancer is a very feminine sign, so crabs tend to go for pretty, soft looks.
* Some crab girls prefer a more classic look, which appeals to their tendencies toward traditionalism.
Ms. Tyler, Jessica Simpson, and Diane Kruger all show off their Cancer style in different ways. It is rare that you see Liv Tyler without a blazer on, it could be considered her signature item. This shows off her traditional side, but doesn’t result in a style-less look. To imitate her success with a simple blazer, choose one in a great color that is fitted perfectly. Ms. Simpson is a textbook Cancer, we’ve all seen her caring and emotional side, and she usually picks feminine looks, like the metallic dress shown. Diane Kruger is a fan of eccentric, vintage looks, but sometimes sports basic looks like the striped tee she is wearing above. She adds a little femininity with a flowing pink scarf.
Get The Look
Outfit #1 falls along the traditional route. I chose a color associated with Cancer ladies: orange, and ran with it. A denim jacket is a must-have for everyone, and I love the faded wash and motorcycle jacket appeal of this one. It really lightens up the orange dress, which prevents it from looking too Halloween, especially with those gorgeous clogs! I finished off the look with a chic grandpa-style watch.
For Outfit #2, I wanted something a little more feminine, and vintage inspired. I chose a ruffly, silk top to add volume to slouchy tie-off pants. Strappy sandals give the look a spring feel, and I would tie the silk scarf in my hair as a headwrap. Try this tutorial on how to tie a headwrap the right way (with that cute knot on top).
So what do you think? Are you a Cancer? Does my description match your personality to a tee, or am I way off? Would you wear these looks? And what about clogs: Love ’em or hate ’em? I’d love to hear from you!