Olé: A Girl’s Guide to The World Cup
I should call this the “girl-who-knows-nothing-about-the-sport’s guide to The World Cup” but that is way too long to fit into my header. So, here’s the deal: I don’t really like soccer (or should I say football), but umm, did you look at that picture above? Whether you like the sport or just the players (in their underwear!), you should know that the World Cup begins on June 11th….And that pretty much sums up my knowledge on this topic. So, if you want more information, check out these links (most of which include photos of sexy soccer dudes–although not all in underwear):
* Need to know the basics? Check out Daily Candy’s video The World Cup in Two Minutes.
* If that video got you pumped, check out the official FIFA site. You’ll find tons of pictures, information on groups, and interviews with players (I like this one with David Beckham…I love him, and Victoria).
* For more information on the Vanity Fair cover by Annie Leibovitz (above) read this article. The link also has a short video of the photo shoot with the players (featuring cheesy, trying to be sexy background music). Also see Vanity Fair’s World Cup blog.
* The World Cup can be fashion-related! Nike is outfitting 9 teams in completely sustainable shirts for the event. Click here for the article and a really cool photo series.
* Want to see the U.S. National team all prepped-out? See this article for some fantastic styling, and be sure to click through for info on each of the guys.
The thing I really like about The World Cup is that it’s all about national pride, so even if you aren’t the biggest football fan, you can have fun cheering-on your team. I’ll definitely be tuning in on June 12th to see the much-anticipated England v. USA game. What about you guys? Are you a true football fan, or do you just tune in for the big event, like me? Are you lusting after Cristiano Ronaldo (Ms. Kardashian is)? Anyone have any winning predictions? (My sources say Brazil is the one to beat) I’d love to hear from you!