Get The Look: Runway Neutrals
I can’t get enough of this look from the 3.1 Philip Lim Resort 2010 collection (you can check out the Resort, Spring, and Fall lookbooks here). I love the super-sleek combination of neutrals and the rock n’ roll vibe of that OK tee. Here is my take on the look:
1. The appeal of this tank top is the bold statement it makes when paired with neutral basics. The original hand printed Ok Muscle tee has been seen on everyone (well everyone you care about….Ms. Chung, anyone?) and retails at about $150. This elephant printed tank has the same bold effect but at $12, it won’t break the bank.
2. A double wrap belt looks tough, but in brown, it is a bit more refined.
3. A playful skirt works well with the graphic tank, but also tones down a serious jacket. A white skirt is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe–it works just as well over a bikini as it does with a fun top for a picnic.
4. A classic khaki jacket is a closet staple. This will last you well into next season, and maybe longer.
5. These shoes are only $20! That should be enough to sell you. Nude is in for spring and summer, and this shade is flattering on almost any skin tone.
The total for this look is $161 and some change. Considering the actual 3.1 Phillip Lim tee alone is $150, I would say that this outfit is a total steal. How are you feeling about it? Do you love the look of layered neutrals, or are you more of a bold and bright kinda’ girl? What are your favorite looks from the 3.1 Phillip Lim lookbook? I’m in love with this one and this one. I’d love to hear from you!