Under $50: Animal Jewelry
As you already know (from this week’s Look What I Found)I was crazy-in-love with Julia Roitfeld’s home on The Selby. What I loved the most was the photos of her jewelry collection. Most of the pieces were animal inspired (and also utterly un-attainable), and I found myself looking around for similar pieces to add to my own collection.
I think putting a wild animal on your wrist (or around your neck, or on your ears…) feels exotic and regal, I mean, did you see that tiger bangle (or those talons?). So, I figured I’d let everyone get a little taste of the wild side by creating a little roundup of my favorite animal jewelry under $50. Check it out and drrrooooool:
1. Silver claw pendant $51…..so I know it’s bad to start off an Under $50 post with something over $50, but in my defense: this is awesome. AND…it’s only a dollar over. AND…if I must mention it again, talons.
2. Studded owls earrings $23
3. Circus animal necklace $49 – This would add a whimsical touch to an otherwise minimal ensemble. I would wear it with an oversized black tee and neutral paper-bag top shorts.
5. Wolf ring $20 – So ferocious. Which reminds me—-have you guys heard about The Girl With The Red Riding Hood? Amanda Seyfried is set to play Red….it’s supposed to be a darker, goth version of everyone’s favorite fairy tale. I can’t wait!
6. Lion ring $30
7. Gerry giraffe pendant necklace $12 – I love the contrast of the black and gold, and the fact that the giraffe is in motion- much more interesting that a stiff giraffe in my opinion.
8. Snake bangle bracelet $23 – Love this! Has a super dark feel to it. Just what you need to toughen up a girly outfit.
9. Plated knight ring $19 – This is from the Disney Couture collection, which has some great pieces. This one has more of a regal feel that the other items I’ve featured, if not because it is a horse, definitely because it is a chess piece.
10. Glitzy owl ring $6 – I can’t give up on owls. I love the symbolism.
11. Rhinestone tiger bangle $44 – Umm…..okay, here’s the thing: I’m completely obsessed with this. I want it soooooo badly, but I’m trying to save some money, so I figured I could pass it on to one of you. I mean, this bangle is delicious with a capital D.
12. Vintage penguin necklace $38 – Taking another cue from Ms. Roitfeld. Penguins are sassy and classy (at least I think so…they ARE wearing tuxedos), and so is this necklace. As a bonus, it’s also freaking adorable.
So what do you think? Are you lusting after some animal jewelry? Already have a favorite piece of your own? Interested in The Girl With The Red Riding Hood? I’d love to hear from you!