Gift Guide 2010: Girly Greta
Yay! Gift Guides are my favorite part of the year (hopefully you like them as much as I do…). For this year’s gift guide, I decided to switch things up and divide the gifts by personality rather than by cost. Personally, I find myself shopping that way, so I thought it would be more convenient (of course let me know if this isn’t true). Obviously, not everyone has a “type” (I think most people don’t…) so feel free to mix and match based on what type of gifts you want to give.
Guide #1 is for the girly-girl (Please excuse me for saying “girly-girl” multiple times in this post… I really hate the phrase ) in your life: she has a thing for bows and sequins, sees the bright side in everything, and enjoys her morning latte in curlers and a silky robe. She’s all about feminine details: Think Taylor Swift, Lauren Conrad, and Eva Mendes.
2. Jonathan Adler Zodiac Pillows – anything personalized seems super thoughtful, and these pillows come in an array of fun colors to match almost any decor
3. Kate Spade Polka-dot Coasters – perfect for a hostess gift, or for someone with a new apartment or house
4. Lula Magazine is a combination of girly fashion, fantasy, and amazing photography…perfect for aspiring fashion designers or anyone who can appreciate a pretty picture
5. I am completely in l-o-v-e with Emma Kisstina illustrations. I want to hang them all over my dorm room. The Chanel bags and lipsticks are my favorites.
6. For those of you who don’t know, I now work at Bath and Body Works. Here is a secret: Secret Wonderland is by far my favorite scent in the entire store. It is sweet and girly, but not too sweet and girly. I normally like warm, masculine scents, but this is a-mazing—–and I promise I’m not saying this because I work there. It reminds me of fairies…and if that isn’t enough to convince you, I don’t know what is.
7. Glitter Wallet …. These also come in gold, silver, and multi (which I also love). I would carry it as a clutch, but this would also make a great gift for a teen or pre-teen.
9. Daisy Rollerball – one of my favorite scents ever, this small version would make a great stocking stuffer, and would also work well for a gift exchange
10. I ask for a new planner every Christmas, this Graphic Image one is on my list this year. It’s super glam, and small enough to throw in your purse.
11. These kits from Sephora are a great way to try out a bunch of products without paying full price. This one is all about glitter and shimmer–perfect for a beauty junkie.
13. These bow flats from Marais go with everything (plus they remind me of Blair Waldorf…is it bad that that makes me want them more?).
Hope you got some great ideas for the super-femme lady in your life (or yourself…). What are you guys asking for this year?