Before I officially begin this post, I have to apologize for my complete lack of creativity when it comes to post titles. I always type in a million titles throughout the course of writing each post, but everything sounds corny or like I tried too hard. So I am sorry if you fall asleep from boredom before you even read the post, and I promise I will try to make them more exciting in 2011.
Besides blog titles, there are a lot of other things I’d like to work on in 2011. Usually I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, mostly because I think they are doomed to fail, but this year I decided to try it out….I figure if I make them simple, and not complete lifestyle changes, I can make it fun, and hopefully follow through on a couple. So here they are:
1. Spend more time on school this quarter. Most people say “get straight A’s” or something, but I think that would just put to much pressure on me, and eventually lead to unnecessary stress. I’d just like to devote more time to studying and less time to reading blogs (my number 1 time wasting activity)
2. Work out. My goal is at least 3 times a week. I don’t have a weight loss goal or anything like that, I just want to feel healthier (and reduce my chances of getting all kinds of horrible illnesses like the bubonic plague…just kidding, but seriously about other illnesses)
3. Blog at least twice a week. I would like to do way more, but I am going to start slowly, and hopefully work up to every other day. I feel like when I put pressure on myself to write something everyday, I run out of inspiration….and I don’t want it to be forced. Numero uno on the list of future posts is a dorm room tour.
That ends the serious part of my resolutions. Not that I don’t take them all seriously, but the next few things are more for fun.
4. Wear heels at least once a week. I never wear heels- but I want to. Also, I can’t walk in heels. But practice makes perfect. If you see me hobbling around campus, please be nice.
5. Read more. Sometimes when I am forced to read books for school I forget how much I actually enjoy reading. I always read when school isn’t in session, but when classes start my reading habits are usually exchanged something a little more mindless, and that something is usually the Housewives of Atlanta.
Over Christmas break, I read The Fashion File by Janie Bryant (who is the costume designer for Mad Men, and also Deadwood). I have read a ton of books about fashion and this is definitely my number one favorite. I also read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire. I loved them both and can’t wait to start the 3rd book. They are quick reads, because they are so suspenseful, but also well written and have highly developed characters. I would recommend the series as well as The Fashion File to anyone.
Maybe I will do a post on my favorite fashion books, or something. Or maybe my favorite books in general? I dunno. But the rambling about books is now over.
What are your resolutions for 2011? Or maybe you don’t believe in them? I’d love to hear from you.