It’s a Love/Hate Relationship
I’m in deep passionate luuuuurve with a lot of things right now (besides my boyfriend (and mr. puppers, of course)) <– whoa, parenthesis within a parenthesis…is that even legal? Anyway, I thought I’d share some of my recent loves with you, along with some recent not-loves (mom taught me not to hate – it’s not a nice word!). Without further ado, here they are:
1. DKNY Resort 2011. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. About this collection makes me swoon. The red lips, the side ponytails, that model (Shelia Marquez, by the way. Love her eyebrows.), and the clothes, of course.
2. Rolling in the Deep by Adele. She and the video are amazing. Plus, this song gives me a chance to exercise my excellent vocals.
Oh, and p.s. that was a joke about my vocals. I am the worstsingerintheworld. Also, this isn’t the official video…this is just a video from the studio. The official video is excellent, though. See it here.
3. Fold-back collar ??(If you know the official name for these things, please let me know) cardigans and jackets like the one Kim Kardashian is wearing below.
4. Into The Gloss. If you don’t already know about this blog, you need to inform yourself immediately. I added it to my sidebar a while back, but I feel the need to draw attention to it. Into The Gloss is written by Emily Weiss, who happens to be a former Teen Vogue intern (you may know her as “The Super Intern” from The Hills). If you want to see inside the medicine cabinets and makeup bags of beauty/fashion insiders— visit ASAP.
5. With Love by Hilary Duff perfume. Okay, I know how this sounds….but I love this stuff. My mom actually bought it and I laughed (Hilary Duff?), but when she started wearing it, it was love at first smell.
At first, it smells kind of fruity and creamy, almost like a pina colada, but it tones down into the most amazing warm, vanilla and amber scent. I’ve read that it contains notes of mangosteen, amber, sandalwood, and “exotic” spices (whatever that means). It isn’t too girly (well, for me at least. I mean, it’s definitely not masculine either). I wear it everyday and love it.
6. Birchbox. Saying that I love Birchbox is kind of premature, because I have yet to receive my first box, but I am confident that I will in fact love it, so I am counting it. I actually received a year subscription to the service for Christmas from Nic (along with a lovely ring (designed by Frank Gehry, might I add) and a gift certificate for a massage. Isn’t he awesome?). I’ve had my eye on the company for a while, and I am so excited to get my first box.
Just in case you aren’t familiar with the company, here is what goes down: for $10 every mont, a beautiful pink box arrives in your mail box stuffed with 4-5 deluxe beauty samples selected by the beauty pros at Birchbox. Here is a video of a Birchbox “haul” from Ingrid (Miss Glamorazzi), so you can get an idea of what comes inside:
I will definitely update you when I get my first box, which should be soon.
And now for the things I’m not so in love with:
1. Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This does the job….but it smells. Horribly. Every time I use it I feel like I am putting biohazardous material on my face. It just smells bad. Avoid this product, if you can.
2. Yes to Carrots Can You C Me Makeup Remover. Can you tell I’ve been hunting down a makeup remover? This is almost the exact opposite of the Almay one. Rather than chemicals, it smells like carrots. I’m not sure that it really smells like carrots, or the name is just deceiving me…but it definitely smells like some kind of fresh produce, or maybe leaves. I just don’t really like it.
I can get over an unpleasant smell,as long as it’s fresh, but it is also difficult to use, and doesn’t remove all my eye makeup. I know a lot of people love this stuff, and I wish I did (I would prefer a natural product), but it just didn’t work for me.
3. Shapeless clothing for Spring. I was excited to see ASOS’s Spring Preview shots, but not so excited to see boxy clothing that hides beautiful figures! Their 50’s Collegiate feature, on the other hand, is perfection. One picture from each below:
And that concludes my list of loves (and not-loves). I feel like that was the longest post EVER! What are you guys loving right now (or not loving)? I’d love to hear from you!