Obviously I am too old for prom….but if I could do it all over again I would wear one of these (and yes, I would refer to my ensemble using corny words like “delight” and “magic”….don’t judge):
1. Anything Halston would be at the top of my prom dream-dress list. This pleated Halston Heritage cocktail dress is fun, young, and swingy, but much different than the typical bedazzled floor-length prom gown.
2. I would ditch the heavy makeup and do a dewy, fresh face with a smoky brown eye
3. Gold and black earrings give the look edge (especially with their southwest-inspired shape)
4. Classic gold sandals by a classically-chic girl (Ivanka Trump)
5. A patterned clutch is a trendy addition that lends personality to the ensemble
1. This column gown from Rachel Pally flatters curves and has more of a traditional “prom” feel
2. I love the look of a statement necklace with a strapless dress, and this asymmetrical one will help you to stand out in a crowd full of tacky jewels. Oh, and it’s cheap: dirt cheap.
3. I saw this stone clutch in a magazine and had to include it. I think any of the three colors would work with this outfit, but I personally like the softer, more feminine jade color pictured.
4. Low, embellished heels perfect for dancing.
5. I would opt for a metallic blue-grey smokey eye (like Chanel’s fall 2011 RTW look pictured above). You don’t have to buy expensive Chanel products to get the look: go for L’Oreal HiP cream shadow in Steely, and pigment in Intrepid. Add coral lips and cheeks and you’ve got a look.
Are you going to prom? I’d love to hear what you’re wearing (or wore in the past). Curious as to what I actually wore? Goofy picture alert:
I realize you can’t see much of the dress, besides the pattern, but all of the full length photos have other people in them (who haven’t given me permission to put their mug out there for the world to see)…but it’s fun to take a trip down memory lane. The dress was belted at the waist, strapless, and cocktail length (mid-thigh). It was from Express, of all places.
I actually liked prom, did you enjoy yours?